Thanksgiving
Tim and Marlene visited this past week and we had a great time. Marlene seems to be a celebrity magnet as the first time she visited, I saw more celebrities with her in one day than I'd seen the first three years I lived in NYC. Well, the first night we had New York pizza at John's in Times Square and then hit Junior's for authentic NY cheesecake. We sat about 3 tables away from Donny Osman (sp?), yet another celeb sighting with Marlene.I got out of work early on Wed. and trekked down to Chinatown, NoLiTa and SoHo where Marlene shopped and Tim people-watched. The weather was overcast and chilly--just perfect for the holidays. Philip met us for dinner at Cafe Havana then we met up with one of Tim's Slidell High footballers near Columbus Circle. All five of us headed to Stone Rose in the Time Warner building where we were seated at the best table with the best views of Central Park and Columbus Circle.
Thanksgiving Day--Unusual for New York, the rain poured steadily allll dayyyy longggg, but that didn't stop Marlene and me from shopping in the neighborhood. The guys watched football while the turkey cooked and we went from store to store. Upon return to the apartment, we were hungry and ready to eat. Marlene and I prepared all of the sides and I have to say, the whole meal turned out nice! It was the first time all four of us cooked our own Thanksgiving meal in its entirety and while it was an experience, we agreed it is more enjoyable to be a guest rather than a hostess. After dinner we resorted to the couch for more football and well-deserved R&R.
Comments