3 Mommies for the 3rd

And I thought Ruby had a wonderful world in which to be born: A child's world with toys & playdates (as opposed to firstborn Sable where playdates involved late night dining, adult conversation and "infant in arms" air travel).

Baby #3 will have it perhaps better than the rest: A child's world, playdates, toys and best of all, THREE MOMMIES! Almost every night in bed, Daddy ends his day by listening to me recap the day's funny quotes and stories which sometimes include short iPhone videos. These days the stories include curiosity about this new baby--




Sable: "Mommy, I hope you're not going to nurse OUR baby."
Me: "Why do you say this?"
Sable: "Because I will be okay to feed OUR baby bottles all the time."

Ruby: "Pay. Pay." (translation: Pray. Pray.)
Me: "Pray about what?"
Ruby: "Pay Baby." So she lifts up my shirt, puts her hands on my belly button and prays something like, "SHERARARARAR Baby, SHERARARA Baby, Amem." And puts down my shirt then walks away.

Sometimes Ruby brings me her baby doll bottle and puts it on my belly button to feed the baby. Most often she kisses my belly button and says "Baby."

Sable: "Ruby, GET OFF. GET OFF. Don't sit on Mommy's lap." Sobs and tears.
Me: "Sable, what on earth is the matter?"
Sable: "Mommy, Ruby is sitting on you, she is going to mush OUR baby. Don't let her mush OUR baby!"




My midwives love children and asked that they accompany me to my monthly visits. I made it a big deal to hear the baby's heart beat, I thought at least Sable would be excited. Well they were excited alright--excited to push the elevator buttons, drink out of a water fountain and use a doctor's office potty. When we finally got settled into the midwife's office, both girls were so excited to play with doctor's gloves that they completely ignored the freight-train sounding commotion coming from my belly. Que sera sera.




In case you're wondering how Philip and I feel about our exciting news--He is excited. My AC man is really excited that our baby is due in a season other than summer. Me--First pregnancy with "all day sickness", now that I'm out of that the past 3 days have been wonderful and I'm excited again. I'm excited to retire my NYC street car and drive what might be a soccer mom car...or as Sable calls it, "A big car with a dvd player and high seats" LOL. Station wagon or minivan here we come!

Comments

Holly said…
Aaaawwww! Little Ferrara #3 is in for a special treat, lol. They are soooo cute! I love how your girls are always either in their panties or naked, only you... :)
is ruby ever dressed? lol!!! ok, just sent you long email about car selection...hope it helps. i am thrilled about baby #3 and so glad your girls are. i remember sable being so motherly with david at last year's reunion. so sweet! glad you are feeling better!!!!!!! hope our reunion gets scheduled soon. miss you!!!

Popular posts from this blog

April and May photos