Pier Park




The first time my mom and I took the girls to Pier Park. The second it was Sable and me and the "mom" feelings were just as warm and fuzzy as the first time. The amusement park at Pier Park has sentiment--the rides are the same ones I rode as a little girl vacationing in PCB at Miracle Strip. Now that the amusement park is no longer, the rides relocated to Pier Park outdoor shopping area.

My little girl asked me to watch her on the carousel, she wanted to go by herself. I was stunned to say the least, after all she is not even 3 1/2!! However, I enjoyed taking pics of her and she wasn't too grown up to ask me to ride the ferris wheel with her.

Sable was so brave on the ferris wheel. While loading passengers on the ground, we were stuck at the highest part of the circle and she locked eyes with me and said, "Are you scared because I don't think I like this." No tears, just bravery, I was so proud of her. What felt like forever in the sky lent for a nice discussion about the bracheosorus (sp?) whose body was as high as the ferris wheel :) And again, my "mom" feelings came back that my little girl is still young enough to enjoy dinosaurs.

Comments

Michele said…
Gina,
What is your due date? Your blog says Winter 2011, but I'm assuming this winter, right (unless you have the longest pregnancy ever)?

Need to see cute belly pics when you get a chance, you're one of the cutest preggo moms I've ever seen. Are you guys finding out the sex of the baby or waiting?

Popular posts from this blog

April and May photos