Joel-isms

Sometimes we call Joel "Joel Fish" just for fun. / We've been studying Joseph's life in the Bible this week in school, and clearly Joel has been listening as he builds his Legos on the floor nearby.
We found out he can't pronounce Joseph's name yet as he says throughout the day, "I want to hear about Joel-Fish".  Apparently he thinks he's been nicknamed after the prince of Egypt...or that he and Joseph have the same pet name of "Joel-Fish".

---------------

Dreams like Prince Joseph?

Joel started sharing his dreams with us about a year ago.  The conversations sound like this:
"Good morning, how'd you sleep? Did you have any dreams?"
"No, Daddy and Mommy, I didn't have dreams.  But guess what I saw in my eyes!!"

So we deduced "seeing in my eyes" = "last night's dreams"

And this boy dreams BOY DREAMS--about planes, tranes, police man, firefighters, his Pops (not his Mimi or Nana), cousin Owen (not girl cousins), penguins...they're quite vivid and much different than our 3 year old girls' dreams of baby dolls and bunnies...

---------------

Our boy's got good taste--He says he likes his Aunt Carrie's face.  He likes the face of a lady at church, too.  And the face of the bank teller, the bookkeeper at gymnastics and British pop-singer Elie Goulding...

Translation, "I like her face" to Joel is, "She is pretty" to the rest of us.

----------------








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April and May photos