Surgery Details

Here's the scoop--Our senior high school baby-sitter stayed all day as my surgery was postponed more than 3 hours. She said the girls were extremely well-behaved the ENTIRE time, WOOHOO. That's a miracle in itself, especially for someone other than Mommy to give account of a perfect day.

As for me--Hubby drove me to the hospital and stayed with me (except for one quick service call he took during my 3-hour delay). Because my surgery was pushed back, I enjoyed down time. I had fun watching the Food Network without my computer, work or my girls. Felt like old times, haha! Except if it were truly old times, I wouldn't have defined "down time" as watching an 8-inch TV on a 'bed with wheels' wearing a completely open-back 'gown' with IV fluids dripping into my vein.

Onto surgery--Two surgeries instead of one. Despite Tuesday's X-ray, the Mirena IUD was not found in my uterus so Dr. Cook tried there first then had to go through my belly button and retrieved it from my abdomen. Never saw the operating room. I awoke in the recovery room to my doctor speaking softly to me. After she walked away, the nurse asked me a few questions while she typed my answers into a computer. All I wanted was to get out of the hospital, and the nurse said it would be a few more minutes.

No sooner did she say that did a startled hospital staff man run over to my monitor screens and say, "Honey are you a runner?" I said, "Well, I used to be." He breathed a sigh of relief and decided I was okay for discharge even with a heart rate of 47 beats per minute. It is a BLESSING to be healthy!

Whenever a baby is born in North Florida hospital, a lullaby plays throughout. It is just beautiful the way they announce the birth of a new life. Three times the lullaby played while I was awake, and the sweet memories of my girls' birthdays flooded my mind & heart.

Speaking of new babies and this whole process--I found out after surgery that because the IUD moved to my abdomen and out of my uterus, it wasn't effective after all (ALL six inches of it!). Thank God for His protection while the IUD was inside of me. He knows our hearts, and He knew I would never want to jeopardize even one little life, so I believe He let the IUD migrate out of my uterus where it couldn't stop a life from being created...and at the same time He kept my womb free from a new tenant making it his/her home...because how dangerous it would've been to have a growing uterus and baby neighboring a poisonous IUD. Once again, God's faithfulness, mercy and unending love for His creation, even the smallest of humans, all of whom He creates in His image. He truly cares about the smallest details of human life.

Naturally, I love Him even more now. Life isn't always easy, such as this 3-month process, but the having the Lord in my life makes it worthwhile. "Cast your cares on the Lord for He cares for you." 1 Pet 5:7

Comments

again, i am so proud of you. i do know your heart and that you would have never gotten the mirena if you knew it's potential harm. so thankful the Lord protected a potential life by not letting it be effective. and so glad you got "down time" in the hospital with food network and that you are recovering well. :) love you tons girl!!!
Anonymous said…
Well excellent! I am ready for more babies ;) You and Holly are in a close race. LOL Aunt GG

Popular posts from this blog

April and May photos