40 Week Update & The Question

Sable asked the question, the question. We were eating lunch around the kitchen bar and she inquisitively asked how the baby would come out and how the midwives will help the baby out. I told her it's a process and a miracle of God. For my matter-of-fact little lady, that satisfied her inquiring mind.

40 week update: Saw my midwife this morning, between 1-2 cm dilated, still 30% effaced, measuring 38 weeks. To translate, I could go any day and Baby #3 is going to be on the smaller side. He/She is very healthy, heart rate of 130/140. (To compare, both Sable's & Ruby's heartbeats at 9 months were 120.)

The other question I hear from everyone buy my daughters, "How are you feeling?" To answer everyone at once, feeling very good despite major energy swings (wake up high but ready to fall asleep after breakfast) and despite significant discomfort in my pelvis. The RN says my pelvis is "floating" and not actually connected like usual but this should resolve itself shortly after giving birth.

Comments

Michele said…
oh my gosh, i keep checking your blog to see if you went into labor...I'm so excited. are you going to post an update on facebook or the blog? which should I stalk?
the nursery sounds precious. so glad you are at the end. can't wait to hear anyday now :))))) come on baby #3!

Popular posts from this blog

April and May photos