Progression Pic--Week 36


Today I'm 36 weeks pregnant with exactly one month until my due date. I've noticed some dramatic changes this last week--the most noticeable ones yet in my 8 months (other than my protruding belly). The biggest change is that I can't keep up the same daily pace without sacrificing my sanity.
I had my weekly ob visit yesterday. My doctor said my blood pressure was higher than usual the past two weeks which could be a sign that I'm on my feet too much. I initially disagreed since I work in an office, but later in the day I started thinking that maybe the doc was right as I had been feeling emotionally overwhelmed this week. Yesterday I felt unusually stretched as it was a particulary busy work day, so by the time I left work I had as much as I could handle. I went to meet my driver who was parked on the wrong block, which would usually be no big deal; however, last night it was drama, drama, drama.
There I was standing outside of Carnegie Hall on 7th Avenue in the middle of a mob of well-dressed people queued for a sold out concert, with the temperature at 14 degrees & negative windchill, on the phone trying to locate my driver--all on an empty stomach. I just burst into uncontrollable tears in front of the crowd. All this went on for about 10 minutes until my driver realized he was on the wrong street. I cried all the way home with my face pressed against the back seat as I stared out the window at the magnificent city.
My very own "Dr. Phil" came home last night and diagnosed me with overdoing it, so he made me stay home today. Even though I begged him to let me go to the gym and to work, he wouldn't budge, and once I calmed down I thanked him. I really did need the rest but moreso I needed someone I trusted to help me realize it.
I have my work cut out for me today--in between naps, I will figure out a new schedule for this last month of pregnancy.
p.s. My face is blurry in the photo but it's probably a good thing as it was taken at 11pm Monday night after a longgg day.

Comments

steele family said…
You look great! I agree with Michele, take it easy this next month. Your will be glad you did!

Popular posts from this blog

April and May photos